Feisty

I've come to realise that 7 year old girls are just that, feisty, and not just my 7 year old!

On one of my errand today I went to the customer service desk at one of my stops. A little girl (guessing around 7 or 8) was having a disagreement with her mom. She was responding to her mom, "I'm not being rude. How is that being rude, I'm just saying.....". Then the mom responded to her...I tried not to listen, then the little girl went, "well why is it that I'm always...."... and she continued showing her displeasure in a most disagreeable manner that would have some other mom up in arms you would say.

It made me realise that hey, I'm not the only mom who ends up in disagreeable discontent with her little 7 year old, it happens to others too! I felt a union with that poor mom, Yes, I'm not a lone, while grimacing knowing just how she felt having been there before!

Of course we grow our little girls to be polite, generous, kind, but to also have a voice of their own, not being bullied by others, speaking up for what they believe, etc. Somewhere in all that, our little girls are growing up and trying to find themselves. With all of the added stress of their peers, or non-peers, the news media and every other "mouth piece" out there that says and do things which makes them even more confused!

So in all that exuberance, somewhere, she becomes a very quarrelsome & vexing child! Mentally I ask "Who are you and where did my cute little toddler go?" As she reminds me that she's not a baby anymore, while she still wants to cuddle in my bed! She is not a baby anymore, while she runs to me crying with any little nicks on her knees...or dare I even hug & kiss her with too much mommy love out in public....oh they grow up so fast!

It seems as if my 7 year old, (who will be 8 in three weeks) is always in disagreement with me over one thing or the other, when she cannot get her way! However, the times that we do get along, she's the exact copy of me, and we have a blast together!

Comments