Tis the Season

Goodness, it is getting closer to Christmas isn't it?  Are you ready for it?  I'm not quite there yet.  Some parts of  my brain has acknowledge that it's 14 days away (my friend reminded me, thx T!) and though I've finally given our home the Christmas look, especially with an eight year old egging me on, however, other parts of my brain hasn't seem to acknowledge that pretty soon, in 14 days, we will be greeting Christmas Day!

My eight year old daughter gave me a list, I reminded her that not everything on this list will be purchased this year. She's fine with that, as long as it's seven or eight of the things she really wants!  Seven or eight? I'm thinking three things! So I told her to let me know which three items she wants the most! Oh kids!

My fifteen year old son on the other hand, in every conversation utters the words "PS III".  So much so that I'm becoming irritated by him! He's like a stalker, literally! I'm eating breakfast, he's in my ear; watching TV, there's a noise behind me and suddenly I've grown two heads (his rests on my shoulder), he utters, "PS III".  I pick him up from school, he begins and ends our conversation with "PS III"! You get my drift!lol!

I'm not sure what his will be yet, truthfully, I'm not making expensive purchases this year, but in between the "PS III" utterances, I've been reassured with "or you can get me "Big Planet Little People for my DS" (or something like that...I think I got the name wrong!) so, we'll see!

Thank heavens Jaden, my grandson, is too young to let me know what he wants! Whatever happened to children just accepting whatever mom or dad buys for Christmas?   I miss those days...yes, the toddler years where anything you buy will be appreciated!

My kids aren't all bad though. What I usually do is get them the two items they want, then throw a few surprises in which they always enjoyed.  One year I didn't do that, they only received what they asked for, I was woefully told how much they do enjoy my surprises!  I love buying gifts, but I prefer buying those items I know will put a big smile on their faces, without being told 'what' to buy.

In between all the expectations, I remind them why we celebrate Christmas and hope they don't forget.  One more week until school is out, this year our office closes for an entire week too! I've not put anything in the mail, cards or otherwise....hopefully I'll get around to it, before the last minute!  Tis the Season!

This year we had  to dress the tree from the middle up, baby Jaden has grown that much and he's only 10 months!  His reach is far and with him on his tippy-toes, even farther!

Comments