Are You A Quitter?

Do you throw in the towel easily? Do you give up when the chips are down? Do you even bother to try anything at all or do you just say fuck it and continue on with whatever you're not doing?

I'm not going to lie, I've started a few things and I've said to heck with it when it doesn't work out?  It's not a good thing to do, quit while you're tying to get ahead.  It's just that sometimes it seems like the best thing to do, you know, to quit while you're ahead. But ahead of what?  Ahead of failure?  Maybe.  No one likes to fail, no matter how small the fete, no one likes to fail!

So I've been reminding myself lately that no, I'm not a quitter.  The going does get tough, it gets damnably hard at times, but I, Donna, a.k.a. ForeverSerenity, do - not - quit!!!!  How about you?

I watched Joel Osteen this morning on television and he reminded me of something. What? Don't you watch religious TV when you don't get to church on any given Sunday?  Joel Osteen reminded me that though it may seem that God is not listening to you, he is.  Whatever it is that you've been working on, trying at, wanting, hoping for; whatever it is that seems to be happening (or not happening) continuously in your life; that there seems to be no change, that you will never attain that which you seek, that you will never, ever get to the end of that weary road you've been traveling; don't give up, you will succeed! 

Why shouldn't you give up?  Because God is working behind the scene!  It isn't your time.  So be patient, I know, more easily said than done!  No one likes to wait, we all want our dues now!  However, continue to be patient and keep at it, don't stop, just keep on doing whatever it is you're doing , you will get to the end of that road!   Don't ever lose faith in God because he never wants us to lose faith in ourselves!

Comments