Conversation

I am proud of myself! I ran yesterday, not just jogged, I RAN! My exercise buddy and I did really well, running for much longer, at certain points, and staying the course with much more gusto than I usually do. Mind you, she is 18 years my junior! Wait a minute, I never looked at her like that before, how much younger than me she is that is; her mid-twenties to my mid-forties…but we do share many of the same interests, no wonder we get along!
Today I hope to continue with as much enthusiasm as I did yesterday….body, don’t fail me now! After all, my goal is to lose another five pounds by my birthday in April. I’m already on my way, my Wii Fit told me I lost 1.1lbs last night…that’s over a three-week period! Now five pounds may not seem like a lot to you, but let me tell you, it is to me! Have you seen what one pound of fat look like? My thighs can talk to you about it! But seriously, if you do enjoy watching Oprah or Dr. Oz, you may have seen that episode where they showed the audience what a pound to five pounds of fat looks like, it is not a pretty sight! ugh!

I think I’m doing well so far though. Since January I’ve lost five more pounds, and now I’m finally below that number I wanted to be (high five)! I seriously didn’t think I would ever get there, truthfully. I knew I would eventually, but I did keep sabotaging myself a bit. Remember I told you that I’ve gotten control of my emotional eating…well, a much as I can, there are times it rears its ugly head. It has been pretty stressful lately and I have caved a couple of times. Plus, my hubby celebrated his 53rd birthday last week, so hey, I didn’t say no to eating cake or ice cream or anything else I felt like eating!

I’m back on that road again, the “determined-nothing’s-gonna-stop-me-I-can-kick-fat-in-the-gut attitude” road! Ok, I just made that up, but you know what I mean!

Now that I’m on track with my fitness goals, I have to continue to move forward with the “Reinvention of me”. Enough about me, how are you doing?

Comments