Feeling it!

I need help!  I didn't want to run today. I'm such a coward!  What is it about us that lets us do this to ourselves. I'm doing well, I'm working out, maybe not everyday, but almost everyday!  Life happens with interruption of one form or another and I have a break in between; I will shuffle my work out days and that is not a problem.  But here I was, today, I was just not in the mood to do anything at all! 

I know this is good for me.  I'm feeling so much better about myself. I'm getting fitter, more lean, having less fat on my body - sweet!  But there I was this afternoon, whining to myself, I didn't want to do this today, this RUNNING!  It was too hard.  I felt my knees hurting; my head pounding; I just wasn't in the mood!  I whined to my workout buddy!  She wasn't having it!  She told me to snap out of it! I can whine all I want, "you're going", and I did!

And you know what?  I'm glad I did!  We changed our route, ran a little farther and sought out a new path!  I allowed myself to stop a little if I felt like it.  This enabled me to last longer and to actually enjoy the workout!  I'm such a big baby!lol!  Don't you give up on me now, we are in this together!

Comments