Funk

I'm not sure what it is. There are times when I feel like just giving in and giving up.  Giving in to the feelings of loss & hopelessness that I feel sometimes, giving up because it seems that I am on a journey that is too long to get to where ever the heck it is that I am going?!

I am feeling hopelessly elated and yet so hopelessly hapless at the same time. Once again, I'm probably thinking too much.  While that is not a bad thing, thinking the wrong thoughts can be detrimental to me being in a funk!  This is what I tell my son Adam when he gets in his funk of a mood. I sometimes wonder how it is that I'm telling him to snap out of it when I do the very same thing, sometimes.  While my funk lasts for a moment, his has seemingly gone on for a while now and it is worrisome.  I have to find something for him to do.  Finally he is bored with being home as he will be this entire summer.  While I have plans to go on day trips, and have various familial outings, those plans won't happen until July-August. S o he seems to be in limbo, totally bored with his gaming, and his comics..and his friends.  He is wrestling with other issues which I am definitely going to need some help with.  I know he will be OK. I just hate to see him that way.

I dislike when I get into my funk.  My vision is clouded and I can't see too far ahead.  Somehow it seems to me that the people who "have it all" are still ahead of the game. "They" have it all, the golden parachute that lands them cocooned in safety no matter where they end up.  While others, me, for example, have to hop over barrels, trying not to step on broken glass strewn in my path!  Then again, perhaps I'm just being overly exaggerative?!  Whatever...I'm in a funk of a mood and I'm in need of some enlightenment!

Comments