That other side of me

I have been going through my writings, my poetry, and some of the articles that I've written over the years. Some published on Joe user and some not yet published. I do realize that I do what I've always done, I write from the heart.  A lot of my emotions were around the time of both my parents becoming ill and their untimely deaths.  I get personal in expressing myself, and I don't regret any of it.

In writing, my grief spent. It helped with closing some of the wounds of despair. Though I'm not as mournful as in the earlier stages of the loss of my parents, I do miss them still.  Re-reading some of the prose I wrote, becomes not painful, but cathartic.  I will re-post the poems I've shared elsewhere because they mean so much.  And I will continue to harness that voice within and speaking out loud, sharing my thoughts and fictional stories.  So get to my Beginner's Prose from time to time as I continue that other side of me.

Comments