Going the extra mile

Up to yesterday, I hadn't worked out since my run last week, where I had the time of my life running!  Isn't it amazing how you slip so easily into not working out for one reason or another?  Well, as you know, it happens to me from time to time.

Yesterday evening, while cooking dinner I decided to turn the exercise channel on. I knew I had missed working out with my 'boyfriend' Gilad, so I was interested to see what Cathe was up to.  Let me tell you, I worked out with her for an hour and what a workout it was! She had me jumping and hopping and skipping in a way that I hadn't done in a week!  I kept yelling at the 'her' (the TV) that I'm not 25 anymore what in the heck was she doing?!lol!  She was working my butt off, getting me to move this 45 year old body of mine, that's exactly what she was doing and I loved it!

I've also decided that I will step up my game and push myself a little more because I really want to up the ante and really challenge myself.  Sometimes we get really comfortable even when we're working out.  Our body gets used to the pull and pushing that we do during our quest for fitness.  It is when what you do is no longer a challenge. So today I'm going to run the longer distance during our run, I've already gotten comfortable with the shorter run. Then I've also promised myself to not have any more cake until my son's birthday next month and to avoid eating bread for a while.  Now that my friend, will be a big challenge. Lets see if I last that long!  Fingers crossed!

Comments