Momentum

I like this word, "momentum".  When you say it, see how it rolls off your tongue? "mo-men-tum"...at least, that may be the syllabic breakdown of it! It doesn't take much to let us stray from what we are trying to do does it?  We lose our train of thoughts in the blink of an eye. We forget what we were going to say, other people's name (I do that so much it's pitiful!) (but not of the people in my life, like celebs or such), we drift off and away from that which we were focusing on.  Why does that happen I wonder?  Are we doing too much, multi-tasking unnecessarily?  Or are we just too overwhelmed at times?  I guess my response to that would be different from yours.  It just depends on the individual and what the focus is in their life.

I am happy that I'm keeping up with the momentum of my fitness plan.  We run everyday, or at least as often as our busy lives allows us to. Whenever we are not running, we (my workout buddy and I) make sure to work out on our own at home.  We both have our goals in mind so we keep up the momentum of our fitness routine.

Much like anything else in life, you want to keep your goals in focus, fresh in your mind so that you don't forget about it.  Despite the temptations out there, my love of food, and I do LOVE food! I have a goal in mind and I plan to keep this up!

Comments