Sleepless Nights

I found out that my grandson had another seizure on Tuesday, while at his daycare and was rushed to the hospital by the emergency crew who were called by the daycare workers. It happened while he was sleeping at nap time. The teacher was doing the rounds, checking each child, noticed him jerking, took a closer look and saw that he was in trouble. I didn't find all this out until I got home. My daughter and her boyfriend handled everything on their own, which is fine, glad that they he was there for her, happy that my grandson is OK. But a bit miffed that she didn't at least let me know what was going on until the end of the day, and me getting home.

I had my own drama, with a very bad migraine, so I worked with the lights out while in the office today. Maybe subconsciously I knew? My migraine happens when I'm stressed, and I've been having a lot of that lately.  My workout buddy's mom was in a car accident, so far her mom is OK, but my buddy rushed home to be with her (out of the city) so I've not ran since Sunday.  However, I did workout on Monday evening on my own at home.  I didn't work out on Tuesday because my migraine lasted so long, I felt I needed to rest a bit, although I didn't rest when I got home.

My grandson does have a cold, is taking antibiotics & had a fever, once again I was unaware of the fever.  It seems his body temperature got way too hot, hence the seizure. Thank heavens unlike the last time, he wasn't eating!  He's going to the doctor tomorrow and I've told my daughter what questions to ask of his doctor. We need to get to the cause of this.  It isn't something that any of my children experienced, nor anything my grandson's dad side of the family had as far as I know.

Then my husband told me,  a family member experienced seizures then he outgrew them! It was never diagnosed as to the cause.  I was shocked! I said to him that this is something you share before you get married!  He didn't think it was something important to share. Well, maybe not, but now it is helpful to know!  We don't know if there is any significance to what could be going on with our grandchild, but I've told my daughter to let his pediatrician know this as well.

I'm up late (not a surprised there!) stressed, sleepless and worried. I've had other things on my mind, and now it's topped by this issue as well.  I will do as I've always done. I will pray for guidance, blessings & leave it in the hands of the Lord, because he doesn't give us more than we can handle and he is there for us, always.

Comments