That girl in the Mirror

I can understand why some people have makeovers, plastic surgery, the works! Why shouldn't they if it will help them to feel better about themselves?  Do you realize how much your self-esteem has to do with how you think, live your life, respond to others?  It's like when you have a bad hair day, you just feel horrible because in your head is an image of yourself that you don't like.  For some people how their hair looks means a lot and I can certainly relate to that!   How else do you take on the world and handle yourself, is it with a lot of confidence? Is it with self doubts, is the image you project to the outside world important to you?  For some it means a lot. It shouldn't be everything, but for some people it is everything.

I've been thinking lately about what I look like now. I am older, not that old, but older; my looks, how much I'm changing on the outside....adult pimples...yuck! I'm not liking it at all, not one bit!  I sometimes wonder what others see when they see me? Do they see that vivacious woman that is in my head? That beautiful woman who puts herself carefully together 90% of the time? Or do they see what I think I see these days?  Someone who is tired, face a bit drawn, hair needs some attention?  I know, I'm so vain!  But seriously, don't you wonder how others see you? If they find you attractive, in the slightest? How are you perceived?  Would you be brave enough to ask that question of someone? A friend, or even someone who you just met, a stranger?

I'm not sure I'm that brave, but I might just dare myself to do it!  Compliments are nice. Telling someone how good they look, how well they work, anything nice, will put a smile on that person's face, if only for a minute, then again, you might just make that person's day!  You would be surprise what a nice compliment will do for someone. It is a great self esteem booster!  

Making someone feel good about themselves, can also make you feel even better about you. Sometimes we are so caught up in ourselves to notice the world and what is going on around us.  There are times when it is difficult to look beyond the wall that we put around ourselves.  It's good to remember to let go of the things we cannot control. But we can sure as heck manage the things we do have control over!   I find that when I don't worry so much about what I look like, (much like everything else) that's the time when I get the most compliments!  Looking good is nice, feeling good about yourself is even better!

Comments