Wishing up on a star

That life would always be filled with roses. The smell, the vision, having the very petals strewn all over my bed so that I could roll in them & eat all the chocolate my heart desires! Then I come back to reality with a bump! Awwww, but I can dream can't I?!

I go on and on about being optimistic, following my dreams, not letting life get me (or you) down or anyone else for that matter....I do mean every single word I say, and I do try to live my life that way.  But there are times when I wonder what is the point?  That cynical girl inside of me comes out to play and I let her!

It is then that I find my "Sasha Fierce" ready to bitch slap some people into oblivion! I don't take kindly to those who brow beat others just because they can. I'm the person who will get out of my car and move the turtle trying to cross the road. OK, maybe I won't be the one to touch it (I'm such a scaredy cat) but I will stop the car and get someone to do it for me! I reign my alter ego in because I know that is not the way to live life.  Being a bully just because I'm not happy with the way a loved one is being treated is not the answer.  Letting go of the things I have no control of, and controlling that which I do have control over is the way to go.  It is a good motto to remember, an exemplary way to keep on living.

Life can be so unpredictable. I look around and see so many of us having a really difficult time handling the changes that have ensued in the last three to four years.  For some, life continues to get worse. It is no wonder that some people feel there is no light at the end of the tunnel. It would be safe to stay in that tunnel and not venture out.  But you do yourself a disservice if you do not.  We have one life to live my friends.  We have to make the most of it.  And if we get slapped down, we pick ourselves up and we try, and try again. 

We can't let the naysayers win now can we?!  We will be the ones living our dreams and having a fulfilling life because we kept on trying.

Comments