Mojo, Moxy...whatcha may call it!

One of my Facebook updates recently was "My past is my past damn it, I made some mistakes, now it is time for me to move on"...or something like that! Why is it so difficult for us to move on? We relive the details of that major regret (sometimes more than one of them) that happened in our past. We keep going over it again, and again, and again.  We just can't seem to let it go.

Would you not say that this is the reason for why we think we are failing in our lives?  The reason why we seem to make no progress, why we seen to be stuck?  I firmly believe it is! Yet, like so many people, I am on that same train. I can't seem to move beyond certain stages of my life.  It is as if I'm stuck and can't get any further. I do know better. I have an idea of what I want, yet I keep going over the mistakes, and I sometimes do it all over again! What the fuck is wrong with me?!

In a way I think I'm scared. It is not that I'm afraid of change, or that I don't want to progress, I'm afraid of the reactions, the attention, the actual idea that I might fail!  That's it in a nutshell. I'm devoting my time to my family, I love my family, but I am using them as an excuse and that is being selfish.  I've got to go out there and get on with some of the things I want to do in my life.  And I've got to stop telling myself that I'm too old to do it!  45 is not old, no way!  I'm at the prime of my life. So this is pretty much a motivation talk for me, and for you too, if you my dear reader, are feeling as stuck as I am!

Comments