Yesterday

My run was much better! Instead of rushing headlong into the run at full speed, I decided to go more slowly until I felt more comfortable and build up to a nice pace. It worked out just great! I do try to take on too much.  I have been running since January of this year, so that's basically 9 months! I started at a half walk/half jog pace and eventually build up to a running pace.  

We, my workout buddy and I tried to run at least five times a week together, and on our own we did other workouts or our own runs.  There were times we didn't get the chance to workout at all, and times when we each managed only one day for the week.  Through it all, rain, sun, heat, cool, we have kept our determination to get to a better fitness level than we are now.  

For me the journey has been hard but I'm not giving up! I've often heard that when you hit your 40s it is harder to keep fit and to lose any excess weight. So you my dear reader, if you find yourself in that situation, needing to lose some excess weight, make sure to get on the road to fitness before you hit the 40s!

I will continue to exercise and go on my fitness journey, and I will continue to journal the outcomes! 

Comments