‘Fro Fashion Week Atlanta!

‘Fro Fashion Week Atlanta!


Now this sounds like a plan!  Hmmm, I would love to attend, even if only at the conference!

You name it I've done it to my hair! Cut, colored, crimped, braided, weaved, wigged-out! Over the years, I've done a lot to my hair, depending on my mood! The profile picture on the side for this blog is me w/my hair colored and chemically straightened.  I do like the straight-hair style because it does give me a different look.   I've been natural now, no chemical, not even hair color for more than six months!  However, I'm getting that itch again (call it the eight-month-do-something-about-my-hair itch), and so I'm planning to color my hair again but I do not want any other chemical process!  Those chemicals eat away at my beautiful coif!  As African Americans we do not realize, (at least now, many of us do) how much damage we do to our hair everyday!  Sure we want to look beautiful, we want to be well-coiffed, but at what cost?!


There are days when I rock it, and other days I'm just blah!   Don't you just hate bad hair days?!   In my quest to making my life a bit less stressful, and my life journey a lot more focused on living in the moment; until I find a great non-chemical way to have my hair straight if I feel like it, it's going to be Me 'n my Fro!





Comments