Work Out

I've been keeping up with my promise to myself, getting back on track with my program of weight loss.  I began running again.  Let me tell you, good grief, it was harder than I thought it would be!  I'm not sure why?  OK, maybe I do know. Because I wasn't doing a full workout, my body slacked off a bit.  While I didn't gain a lot, (& that's because I kept myself in check w/eating & due to my previous regular work outs) only two pounds, I did however, loose some of my new muscles and toning!   Yuck!  So I was ready, getting back into full running mode, my mind was all gung ho and wanted it, my body however, let me down!

My hips gave me a bit of trouble.  I felt as if someone had punch me and my right hip felt like I had a very heavy weight dragging weighing me down!  I didn't stop running.  We (my exercise buddy and I) slowed down a bit, walked for a moment, then began running again because I just didn't want to stop!  At a time like this, it is up to you to know your limits, so don't continue working out if you are seriously hurt!  For me it was just my muscles protesting!  I was OK afterwards.

The next two days of running were much better.  I'm not back to that point when we were running full mode and I was able to complete a three-mile run, not yet.  My goal is to get to my regular two-mile pace, where I am comfortable, then I will do more harder runs.

Tonight was Yoga, Pilates and jump roping.  I am on that road again and I'm feeling good!

Comments