Journey to Weight Loss

Health Journeys: A Meditation to Help You with Weight Loss (The Recovery Series Health Journeys) Today it was my turn to be cajoled into getting myself into gear and running!  Yep, there are times when you need someone to motivate you and help you to focus. It turned out to be a good run, however it was so HOT I didn't chance having an incident so I paced myself accordingly and made it through to the end without stopping! 

Last Friday evening I stopped by the gym I used to workout in to re-register.  I am going to begin working out in the gym again. I really need to "up" my game and push myself as far as I can go with my workouts.  I will admit to being lazy at times, yes, me!  I am seeing results and want to see even more!  Imagine how much better I will look putting myself to the limit of my endurance?!  My body is taking shape slowly, but surely.  The fat is melting off dear reader!  Wheeehooo! 

{back to reality} I am getting more toned by keeping running three to four times a week, and by doing other activities such as swimming, walking and staying active with my youngest daughter & my grandson.  It isn't easy at all.  You know what makes it hard sometimes, not the food, I still eat but manage myself better; it's the commercials, and articles about people who have seemingly lost so much weight they are down to a size 0!  I do not want to be a size 0, I would look really weird if I was.  But how is it that they lose weight so quickly?  It seems to happen overnight in some cases?~! 

Then there are those people who insist that you try their latest diets, or to try their programs because "it works"!  You get swamped by images of 'thinner' people having all the fun!  While there is nothing wrong with this, because anything that will help you is useful and we can use all the help we can get!  But you know what?  As my mom used to say "don't mind them"!  Don't worry about all of the distractions; about what others do and how they are doing it!  You can use it as motivation to help you to just focus on you and what your goals are, that is the important thing!  Though you might not feel like you're getting somewhere, I promise you, we are! 

So if you are, like me, trying to get fit and lose weight, don't give up, it is hard, and it seems as if we'll never get to that dream goal, but don't stop now because you're doing it, you're making it work, our journey continues!

Comments