The little things you do

Nail Care Plus Personal Manicure/Pedicure SetDid you know the little things you do to take care of yourself  can help you to become a better person, helping you to give yourself even more selflessly to the ones you love?  Doing things for YOU will help you to enjoy your life even more; and help you to 'mentally' get away!  I call it "Taking a mental break", and it's right up there with the "Stay-cation" theme that has been touted so often by the hotel industry and others!


What are some of the things that you do to take care of yourself?  Working out? Going to the Spa? Getting your hair done? Or even having a Mani/Pedi (manicure & pedicure)?  Whatever it is that you do, doesn't it makes you feel really good?!   In this economy however, many of us don't have the expendable cash we used to and indulging in some of these habits might not even be in your budget anymore!  This is where you can become your very own "Do-it-Yourself-Maven"!  I like doing little things for myself to bolster my confidence which makes me feel really good!  Some of the things I like to do such as: wear a certain shirt or dress, or even my sassiest pair of shoes will do; doing my own mani/pedi; massage my scalp during shampooing; wear my favorite shade of lip-color; take a dip in the pool or just by simply working out, takes me away if only for a moment!  These are the outward things you can do for your looks, but there are even more that you can do for your inner beauty to shine!

The key is to make the time to do whatever you need to do to make you feel content, while living in that moment that you carved out for yourself!  As the song goes, "You've got to stop and smell the roses..."!




Comments