A Salad A Day....

Will it keep the doctor away?  No wait, that's "An Apple a Day"!  Although I think that eating salads will get me to where I want to be...looking more toned, feeling lighter and avoiding that stuffed-on-no-I-ate-too-much feeling!



Because I'm not running right now, eating salads will help towards my weight goals. I do mix my salads up to make it interesting.  My taste may not be to your liking, however, I'll tell you about the salad I ate for dinner last night!  Now, no two salads are ever the same and what I eat does depend on my mood.  Last night instead of eating rice, I cut up some green leaf lettuce, raw baby carrots and yellow bell pepper slices.  Then I included a few pieces of cooked baby carrots, sweet potato and pieces of chicken (with the bone in)!  A bit too weird?  Well, wish you could have been there to try it, it was YUMMY!

It is a popular belief that salads won't make you fat, although it can.  It just depends on what you include in the salad and the type of dressing you use.  You should treat your meals the way you would your clothing or even your workout, change it up!  Don't just eat the same thing each time.  Have a salad today, pasta the next day, and if you want to eat some junk food one night, go right a head!  The key is moderation!  You can eat whatever you want, just don't over indulge!


Comments