Waxing Nostalgic

I overheard the beginning of a conversation today, the simple response to a phone call by someone, "Hello Dad, how are you?" had me thinking of mine and missing him.  My dad died 9 years ago. I still regret that I didn't get the chance to go home to Jamaica to visit with him before his passing.  However I have visited with him in my dreams, some quite eventful than others.  The very first dream the night after his funeral, I had a conversation so deep and so long, then afterwards he kissed me on my cheek.  The kiss was so real it woke me up because I felt it on my cheek and I could smell his essence and I also remembered I was freezing!  That was real enough for me.

I remember the fun times we had, and the not so fun ones, when he was upset at something I did as a child.  Mostly I remember the fun times and wish I could have them back again!  Rest in peace dad, love always!

Comments