Adventure


“There’s a land that I have heard about, so far across the sea….” Lyrics from a song by Marcia Griffiths


Have you ever dreamt about visiting lands far, far away?  My dream land to visit is Antarctica in the Summer time not at winter. Winter there is very, very cold and I dislike the cold, intensely; although there are times I do welcome it when it rolls around where I’m living now…because here is so HOT.

I recently saw a travel program on television and heard that during the Summer Antarctica experiences three months of daylight?! That’s 1-2-3 months!  Can you imagine that?!  No night-time at all! Man, I think my corneas would be confused!

I have always said that if I had no “chick or chile” (as we say in Jamaica), I would be a Nomad, exploring the world and living off the land!  I love adventures and through the years I’ve been on a few, although not that grand. 

I haven’t been travelling lately, but that spirit in me is so yearning to go off somewhere!

Comments