Lurker


So you like being on the Internet, surfing here, surfing there, browsing to your heart's content.  At some point or the other dear reader, you bump into a website or two that holds your avid attention and you begin to stop by and read the content daily.  If you do this, are you a casual reader who likes to visit this website because they have interesting articles, pictures, etc.?  Or are you a lurker because you haven't join the site, becoming a member and you don't even comment on anything?


There are websites that I do enjoy reading and browsing through.  I end up visiting some sites more often than others, thus becoming a "regular".  Some websites will have a link asking to join, and I do become a member of the site.  This is how I have so many passwords and log ins which has led me to writing all this information on paper (I blogged about it a couple of months ago).  It's horrible when I can't remember if I had joined a particular site or not, trying to remember the password and log in and worse, if the website administrators do not respond in a timely manner, then I'm left in limbo!  I don't consider myself to be a lurker, but somehow, I've become one. Unintentionally of course. How do I know I've become a lurker?  When I tried to open the link to a particular site, a grey screen came up with a sign-in box, thus denying me access to their website.  Well, that almost makes me feel a bit miffed! I have nothing to hide, I mean no harm, so what's up with that?!  So I grudgingly close the tab, and leave it alone because I have to verify if I am already a member or not.  Aw well, life on the information super highway.....never a dull moment!

Comments