What are you thankful for?

Do you ever stop to give thanks for what you have in your life, or for the people you have in your life?  Do you look at your cup as half full or half empty?  When was the last time you gave yourself a pat on the back for a job well-done?  When was the last time you showed or told someone how much you appreciate them?


It's not as easy as it seems for us to do any of the things I mentioned above is it? We are all so busy running around, living our lives, focusing on one problem, taking care of it, then moving on to the next one. We are so busy checking off the items on our to-do lists and/or putting notches on our belts that we don't realize that we need to stop and appreciate our lives or those of our families and friends!

Yes you have to earn a living, which falls under the umbrella of providing for your family (immediate or otherwise).  But let us not get too caught up with being over-achievers, or even too involved in over-thinking that we might be under-achievers; sit back, give yourself a break and look at what you're thankful for!

I'm thankful that:

I woke up this morning

I received a hug today

I got to where I was going safely

My children are all in good health

one of my BFF delivered her baby safely, mom and baby are just fine!

my brother achieved a goal he's been working on for a while now

My children are staying focus on their individual goals

I have Jesus in my life

I'm learning to love me for me

I can see the beauty in the world around me


Those are some of the things I'm thankful for.  Believe it or not, at first it wasn't so easy to create that list. Then I realize "there you go over-thinking again"!  We put so much pressure on ourselves, and it's normal to do so but let's not.  Let us do things out of the ordinary!  Today, find something that gives you pleasure, one thing, now go do it!





Comments