A Little Piece of my Heart

Whenever you lose someone you love, you question the reason for it.  You wonder why if there's a God, why did your loved one die?  Why do people get sick (especially in today's modern age with all of its invention and the advances we make Scientifically), so much so, they can't recover and they pass on?

It makes you very sad, because in essence, a part of you dies with your loved one.  The grief is intense and you are sometimes inconsolable. It takes a very long time to process your grief, and to come to terms with the fact that the person you loved, is no longer here with you. It hurts. Eventually, the hurt fades, oh, it is never forgotten, just like your loved one will never be forgotten, but the wound heals, and you're better, you carry on.

Until something else happens, and someone else whom you also care about very much, dies too. Then the wound is re-opened, and you find you are not only grieving because of this new death, but also reliving the previous one!

I don't know about you, but for me, hearing about anyone's death is sad, especially if the circumstances were difficult or if they had a horrible experience before dying.  The actors, singers, and/or entertainers who I admire on a whole, or not family, but what they do however, their body of work, especially if I've grown up listening to and admiring their work, well, to me, they are like family, an extended family of sorts; because every teenage angst; every pre-adolescent emotion I've been through, music brought me through it (and music continues to do so)!  My outlook on life is not just from what I've learned from my parents (and extended family and friends), but also because of the work of these very entertainers.

Whitney Houston's death, made me feel sad. I've loved her music through my teen years, and beyond.  I remembered dancing like the dancers in her videos, looking for that particular shade of lipstick she wore in one of those videos; wearing my hair the way she did too.  Donna Summer, oh her music made me so happy.  Disco was the time of my youth!  I loved dancing to her music and remembered hearing On the Radio for the first time on the radio!  I spent many an afternoon, memorizing every word to the lyrics of that song, and many more!  Loving Love to Love You Baby, but not quite understanding why mommy didn't want me listening to that particular song!

Then there were the Brothers Gibb aka Bee Gees. The Bee Gees, their music like so many others (including ABBA, Sister Sledge, Pointer Sisters, Michael Jackson, Simon and Garfunkel), filtered me, taking me through every high and low of the emotion in their music. I'll always love the music of Bee Gees.  I was sadden to hear of Robin Gibb's death, though we have never met in person, it was like losing a part of me.  I, like so many Bee Gees fans, will always  have the wonderful magic of their music! Rest in peace Robin.





Photo copied from Google Search for free use image for blog use of Robin Gibbs:https://www.google.com/search?q=free+image+for+blog+use+of+robin+gibb&hl=en&prmd=imvnso&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=hYO6T-GgBIn48wS74s3VCg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CGAQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=899

actual image from link: http://www.freedownloadmusicblog.com/

Video uploaded from Youtube.com. All rights belong to the singers, song writers, music companies, etc. I own nothing.

Comments