Willpower, where are you?


I've come a long way, a very long way from the time of being an emotional eater, wherein I would be in the most horriblest (is that a word?!) of moods and I would just eat to soothe whatever the heck was going on at the time.  Two years ago I began my journey to weight loss.  It wasn't the first time, I've done it before in the past, when I was much younger, and I had major successes.  But after each pregnancy, which now that I think about it was when I would have these weight-loss quests (the norm I suppose), I gain weight, I take it off.
After having my third and last child, I didn't go into "quest" mode as I had after the other pregnancies.  I managed to get some of the weight off, but not all.  Then without realizing it, I just stopped working out.  Eventually I moved to a new state, and went about the business of acclimatizing myself (and the family) to our new home.  Then my mom became ill and subsequently passed away.  My emotional roller coaster journey with food continued.  It wasn't until two years ago that I decided it was time to do something about my weight. After all, I wasn't getting any younger!  I began to walk; then walk turned into speed-walking; then run-walk, and eventually, running!  Running for me became such a rush and gave me such a high of exhilaration, I loved it! It was hard, so very hard.  But when I didn't do it, I craved it and it always made me feel so much better about myself.   The fat began to roll off my body.  The first year I lost 17lbs. The second, 20lbs! Now mind you, those numbers might not be earth shatteringly high by "Biggest Loser" standards, but they were fantastic by my own standards. I was doing this for me, and I was slowly feeling like my old self again.

Up until that point, I was on a regular workout schedule and shared my journey on this blog in past articles.  Now, today, while I still continue to work out, I have somehow lost my mojo, my willpower and I've been trying to get it back.  I have re-gained 10 of the 37 pounds I lost and it sucks, SUCKS!  I feel it in the way my body feels, I see it in my face and I don't like it one bit!  I've whined about it to my husband, my kids, anyone within ear-shot.  Why do we do that to ourselves I wonder dear reader?  I know what the problem is, so it's time to fix it!  It's not that I've completely stopped working out, isn't that great?  Wow, I'm not totally lazy, I've not gone by way of the dinosaurs, I still do something!  It's just that I'm not getting the results I want.  I've now faced the fact that I have been maintaining, not losing, and I know that is not enough. So by putting it down on paper, for the entire world to see.  I hope to get myself back into shape. While I am not a marathon runner, nor am I a full-speed-ahead sprinter, I run for the love of it and do it in a way that is right for me.  So here I go dear reader, here-I-go!

Comments