Recovery

I'm exhausted dear readers, EXHAUSTED. For once, this is physical exhaustion and not "mental".  My body feels as if it's tapped out - no energy, no alertness, I'm running on reserve power.  In more ways than one it feels this way for me in relation to other things too.  I've not been keeping up with my blogs as often, I'm just maintaining.  I've not made the rounds to my usual sites, how many times am I going to say this you might wonder. Sorry, I'm just talking out loud, I do that a lot, you're just in the vicinity of my 'talking'!

My family and I moved to a new abode. Yep, I'm telling you my 'bizniz', I tell you everything else, plus like I said, you're in the vicinity of my "talking out loud" since I usually talk to myself. (that's just for my family members who thinks that the fact that I blog is weird, some say it out loud, some don't) Jamaicans (some of us) are like that. There are just some things that we (some Jamaicans) are not used to. But hey, to each his own.  Forgive me if I"m rambling dear reader, as I mentioned before, I'm EXHAUSTED!

As with anything else, life is never without it's eventfulness. Renting a truck to move your worldly possessions should be a simple process right?  Ha! There are all these rules and documents and requirements now...and if there's a particular debit/credit card you're using, there may be additional charges by the card holder company...that the truck rental company has no control over...WTFFFFF?????!!!!! Seriously, I just want to use your truck for a few hours to move! "You mean to use cash instead I have to go get my Passport for you to hold hostage????!!!!"  "OK, I'll be back!"

Then there is the timing factor involved, not just of how many hours you have to use said company's truck (why that's not a 24 hour thing is beyond me), but also, of the people who have come to help you move the process along.  Time limits, sometimes doesn't work well, because you will be in such a hurry to move things along that you don't get to put all of your worldly possessions that you do decide on keeping on to the truck!  Then it's a mad dash from one end to the next.  You end up working tirelessly, packing and stuffing the truck on the return journey, until you're ready to keel over, literally!  But wait, before this second leg, the truck decides to break down, thank heavens for jump starts and going back to the company convincing them to exchange 'said' truck because you don't look forward to being stuck on the side of the road at the witching hour!

Then it's an even more frantic pace when you realize what the heck is taking this long?  It's supposed to be a simple move, is it ever?!  Then end up having a garage sale of sorts, since no money was exchanged, with poor hubby going tirelessly to drop off items his wife decides she no longer needs and can do without - and thank heavens for neighbors who finds your discards as their treasures! And yes, this wife did do her part before hand, sorting and dropping off at the local thrift store, giving away stuff before the big move, but this was not enough....how can one have so much crap without realizing it?  You don't...until you're moving! For us, it was 10 years of accumulation.  10 years of things that I hadn't let go of.  Projects started, some completed, some not; items that we were holding on to, not realizing hey, you're almost a hoarder - deep breaths!


Well, it's over and done. We now will take our time to unpack and sort and re-decorate...um, I mean, I will! Now, where can I get a T-shirt that says "We survived the move of 2012"?!



Comments