Stung by a....?

I was working in my soon to be garden (soon to be because it's in its infancy w/barely a flower, except for a few shrubs) on Sunday.  I was protected, I thought, wide-brimmed hat - check.  Garden gloves...or something that's just as thick since I couldn't find my pair after the move - check.  Clippers (a small one) - check.  Sunscreen - check.  Sunglasses - check! I was decked out! Then I realized I made a fatal error...at least two!


I did not wear long pants, I had shorts on!!!! And guess what else? Flip flops! How very Floridian of me!  I should have had on pants.  If I did, I wouldn't have been bitten by what I thought was an ant!  A freaking biting, hurt, gave me the worst pain felt since childbirth! (OK, maybe I'm exaggerating, but man did it sting!) It was a sharp bite, I thought!

It wasn't my original plan to garden that morning.  You see I first took my indoor plants outside to get some sun. Then I began to water the plants that looked like they needed it, although it was supposed to rain that day.  Then I noticed the weeds!  My little minx of a daughter reminded me that the bees were around close to our back door, and I noticed the flowering weeds that they seem to love, I thought, hmmm, I'll get rid of those and one thing led to the next and I was whacking weeds, and pulling out those that were obviously choking my flowering plants!  At the time I wasn't dressed in all the a-fore-mentioned gear I was in shorts and flip flops!

Realizing that it had become a project, I donned my gear and went back outside.  It was while pulling out one of these flowering weeds that I felt a very sharp bite! OMG.....WTF... I quickly looked down brushing at my thigh where I had been bitten.  I didn't see the ants.  It stung like a mother........shut your mouth!!!!

I went inside after a few minutes and put some ointment on it after cleaning the area with water.  That was that!  Cue today, after working out at the gym earlier today, I felt my skin irritated in that area.  I wore a skirt today and noticed not only the redness of the area that was bitten, but how much the bite had spread!  It was warm to the touch too.  I searched the Internet to see  similar bites and it confirmed my fears!  Good grief!  I got some rubbing alcohol pad and some antibiotic cream and dressed it.  It hurts a little so now I know it wasn't an ant...it might have been a bee! OMG!!!  So far no allergic reaction but if it doesn't get better I might have to go to my doctor!  Owwweee...

Bee Sting - symptoms, treatment, allergic reactions, learn how a bee stings

Comments