Ultimatum

When you're given an ultimatum, what do you do? How do you handle it?  Do you take a moment to stop and drink it all in, your mind racing wondering where do you go next, who can you call on for advice?  What if you're not allowed to call on anyone, what if you have to make a decision right there and then?
What do you do?  Sometimes it's difficult to imagine yourself in circumstances such as these.  None of us wants to be caught in this type of situation, no matter what.  However, sometimes you have no control of what is to be, and you just are.

It is moments like these dear reader when I look to God. I pray for the guidance that I know that believing in him will give me.  I pray for the comfort that knowing he's there to watch over me gives me. I pray with the knowledge knowing how empowered I will be. Then I step forward doing what I know I must do, knowing that I am not alone.

But what if you don't believe in the God that I do?  What if you don't pray or even know how to?  It is not very hard to do dear reader, you let go of the things you are worrying about, you free your mind of all thoughts and you say whatever comes to your mind out loud, even if you're unsure of yourself. Even if you don't believe in God, he believes in you.

A simple prayer that I say is: I have faith in the infinite wisdom of God.  In faith I claim all that God assures and trust in his enduring wisdom.

Comments