Walking - it's good for you!

d-foreverserenity.blogspot.com
I just got back from walking and I am actually feeling good! Great going on my part in trying to get back to a more physically active lifestyle! I've talked about it on and off, even started doing something about it as I continued with my activities with my mini me (my 10 year old), swimming, bike riding, walking the stores while window shopping, however, those activities have been cut short because of one reason or another...rain (torrential amounts at times!), familial obligations and other factors therein...all this has a girl totally stressed-out!

Why walk? My body needs it, your body needs it, get up from your desk, or bed, or where ever it is that you plant yourself when you're in front of a computer/laptop/phone/tablet screen and walk!  Yes, WALK!  It's actually good for you!  We all know that the benefits of walking is great for your health and here are a few facts to prove it!

Lisa Collier Cool on Yahoo! Health shared information on the Easiest Way to Live Longer if you walk you do by 1.5 - 2 minutes!  Nice! According to Lisa's article, walking is good for:

Your heart...so true!  We walked at a brisk pace so my heart was galloping after we got back!  My breathing is better and my headache gone!

Keeps off Diabetes....yep! I don't have it, thank heavens because it's in my familial line! So this is one of the reason why I have to be careful!

Keeps your mind sharp....boy do I ever need to keep my mind sharp! I'm not getting any younger and I don't want to have cobwebs in the brain...

Lowers your blood pressure....and the good reasons keeps adding up!  After a certain age, you do not want problems with this. It can affect you when you're below a certain age too, because of your weight, so be careful dear reader!

Improves your mood, it keeps you happy, and everything usually looks better when you exercise on a regular basis!

For more factual details on all of these reasons and learn more , go to Lisa's article here

Comments