When you've hit a certain age....

Your body begins to fail you..some of the times! The failure of your body to operate in a healthy and well manner can happen at any time in your lifetime.  However, sometimes it begins to fail after a certain age! Relatively speaking, I've got absolutely nothing to complain about, ("Thank you Lord")!  I've lost friends and family along the way due to one health reason or another. I've seen and heard about friends and family who have survived the most horrific health scare as well, and there are people in the world going through so much....this article in no means makes light of all this!  This is just my views, on my own health and what I'm going through, that is all!


When I was younger, say  twenty-something, I considered myself to be really fit, by my standards of course, filled with lots of energy, looking forward to life with boundless dreams and goals.  Life continues as I stepped into my thirty's, it was the better part of my life physically. I had gotten back into shape after having my second child, my son, and I was going to school and working full time, with two kids and hubby in tow.  I kept hearing that women should get in shape before they hit the big 4-0!  It was being pounded in my brain by Media and celebrity personalities at every turn...I ignored them!  I was in good shape and kept physically active, no problem!  Then life intervened and I got side-tracked! Then came baby number 3! As my joy of being mom continued, my body grew with life and love!  I gave birth and continued on my merry way with life, never worrying too much about age, weight, and all the other factors therein!

Fast forward today, it's all I talk about! Gahhh! While I'm not obsessed (I'm NOT) I am concern about my weight and my health especially because of my familial history and as I continue to get older getting closer to a certain number, aka mid-life crisis!  O.M.G.!!!!

As I sat in the patient room of my doctor's office recently, feeling quite agitated while trying to remain calm, exhuding a cool exterior...I thought!  You see my body doesn't seem to like me anymore!  I've suddenly developed allergies to nuts and peanut butter!  Do you understand what that means for me?  Nope you don't!  When I don't want to indulge in cookies and other stuff....nuts and peanut butter were my friends....we were busom buddies!  I would not eat chocolate unless there was some type of nut in it, and I think you know how much I love chocolate?!  At first it was nothing...an itch here, an itch there....then a breakout or two, on my lips, would come and go. The last flair up lasted an entire month!!!!!!!!

I said to my doctor, (one of the best around) that it was bad enough I was dealing with the loss of my tooth (canine) recently, and coming to terms with not being able to flash my million-watt smile (I'm so vain), resorting to holding up my hand in front of my face....at times...but having to deal with swollen-puffy-cracked-discolored lips, and continuous break outs from allergic reactions, seemingly to me from everything I eat.......a big fat whine!  We laughed together, (my hand shooting up automatically...no one wants to see my toothless grin!)lol!

But seriously I said "Doc, what's a girl to do...after I hit the age I'm at, I feel as if I am no longer who I was even five years ago?!!"  My body is going through early menopause..yes, I've said it...(having shared this before in a previous blog) and I'm saying it again! She then reassured me after questioning me a bit....well, you will be in full menopause by the end of the year!  "I'm too young for all of this!" I whined, laughing at myself! No wonder it's been so hard for me to gather the energy to continue my valiant effort of working out & weight loss! Oh I have started the quest again, but with the recent medications that I've been taking to combat some of these super allergic reactions...I've gained...GAINED pounds of fat on my body!!!!!!

So while my misadventures in health is not as serious as so many have been...I am ever grateful for that Lord, I must be vigilant to take care of myself, my body and my health.  This is why going to the doctor when anything is wrong, is a good thing to do.  Preventive  maintenance is so important, this is how we stop something from getting worse!  So I will be devising new plans to get myself back in tip top shape with the aim to age with grace!

Comments