Day 8 - 21-Day Meditation Challenge

Forecast: Becoming one with myself, listening to my inner voice
I'm behind again, I know.  I'm not keeping track, or you? Teasing, Oh yes I am! I knew it would be difficult doing this every single day.  I knew that I would lose time because I'm a busy full-time working mother and wife.  I knew I wouldn't follow exactly as "they" planned because, "the very best made plans of mice and men" to quote a famous phrase...(did I misquote that?) Well, I'm not even going to Google that to see if I did or not! I'm sitting here at my desk, eating lunch and typing this article.  Now there's dedication for you!  However, dear readers (notice I didn't use the "but" word), there's one thing I know for sure.  I am going to complete this 21-day Meditation Challenge!

I am because it is a way to continuing my journey of self-discovery! Now what is it about us 40-something that somehow always ends up on this road...the road to self-discovery?  Hmmm, I don't know for sure. Perhaps it's because we're not kids anymore, we have, most of us, already had a career and/or jobs (or two) or we just haven't found our niche yet and so we're trying to get there! This is a topic that I will explore further!

However, in Day 8 of my (and I say it is mine because I'm owning my experience - process of it), the actual event I do not own. The Chopra Center does. Anyway, in Day 8, Deepak Chopra's focus was Abundance and the Law of Potentiality.  He said that through the Law of pure Potentiality, I can create anything, anytime, anywhere.

I really like that word, "Potentiality".  It reminds me of the word, "Possibilities".  It gives me the feeling of hope, love, joy, peace.  It makes me feel that I am open to the potentiality of all the possibilities that life has to offer! There's a song that I love to sing, one of those little songs you learn in Sunday School.  It goes like this "I am a Promise, I am a Possibility, I am a Promise, with a Capital P. I am a great big bundle of POTENTIALITY, oh yeah. I am learning to hear God's voice and I'm trying, to make the right choice, I am a Promise to be, anything God wants me to be, oh yeah." That song gives me the reassurance of promises our God has made  to us. He gives us life. He loves us. We can become all that we want to be as long as we believe in the possibilities of these promises. I don't sing that song often enough!  I am remembering to do that these days. Over the years, I've also tried teaching it to each my children.  I remember doing that some months ago with Amanda, our youngest. I'm going to have to remind myself to continue teaching it to her.

In this session I also learned that Silence is golden, (my way putting it)! We can use silence to bring ourselves, our spirit higher, elevating our minds.  This is why meditation works dear readers.  We utilize it to quiet our minds, which in turns slows our hearts getting rid of the anxiety in and around us.  We learn to commune with nature, enjoying the sounds that are all around us. The negativity dissipates and we are still.  Deepak said that stillness is good. I do agree with him!  How do we calm ourselves?  We take deep breaths, and we quiet ourselves down. We become silent! "In absolute existence, I am a field of possibilities"!  

As I continue to learn more of who I am (don't get me wrong, I already know who I am), now I am learning where I want to be; I can stand tall and defend myself against anyone or anything that challenges me, creating self-doubts within my mind.  You know when someone comes at you with an attitude or makes a statement making it look as if you are inept and you fumble and forget who you are, and what it is that you can do?  They make you question yourself, your talent, your smarts, doubting your looks, and then you think to yourself that you are not worthy.  Oh yes, YOU ARE WORTHY!  Don't forget that!  I'm so excited and ready for Day 9, are you?

Comments