Profiling


d-foreverserenity.comd-foreverserenity.comOne of the things I noticed on the various Social Media sites I frequent are that a lot of people don't put a photograph of themselves in their profiles.  Or, if they do have a photo, the picture is not of the individual, it's of something else, an animae, or scenery, or some inanimate object!  Is this being fake?  Or are some of us so scared of what other people will say about how we look?  You know what dear readers?  I think there are a lot of scared people out there. Scared of being judged, made fun of or afraid they won't be liked because of what they 'think' they look like!

d-foreverserenity.com
Unfortunately in our Society today, this is a major problem. People do place a lot of emphasis on the visual, on what they see in front of them.  They especially do compare and judge what they see.  We've become so overloaded and so reliant on the illusion of beauty presented to us by the Internet  television and other mediums, we no longer are willing to accept what real is anymore! We are so used to fake breasts, and other fake body parts, women who are rail-thin and men who actually go under the knife to make their bodies appear perfect, we can't accept real when it's in our faces!  For example, you know how much I enjoy Reality TV, Shahs of Sunset on Bravo Television is one I like watching, and in a recent episode Rajah was playfully telling MJ (Mercedes his best girl-pal) what to wear, he looked at her breasts, and commented that they are low and go sideways (because she was in a prone position), she hit at his hands and said to him, "Because they are real stupid!" Mike, another buddy who was there with them, agreed with MJ and said they were real.  Rajah's reaction was an "Oh" in surprise!lol! It was a funny moment!  (love those crazy people...and I say that affectionately...as if I know them personally!lol!)

On Twitter today, I was reading a Trending Topic on my hometown and saw this comment:

It's ironic that we're all tweeting about the show  on a social media site where mad people who tweet use fake pics.

 I so agree with him! Don't you want to know what the people you are interested in, Follow, or have on-line interaction with really look like?  Well, I know I do! Would you only want to see photos of my wrists, etc...and yes I do also post photographs of my accessory etc., but you know what I look like!

My point in telling you about this is to point out what some people in our Society have come to expect of others in our world today; that they will be perfect people, with perfect bodies.  It is just an unrealistic outlook.  We can't all be perfect!  Each of us will have something they don't like about themselves.  Heck, as many photographs of me you see on my blog, I don't like taking pictures, because I never look pretty enough, or thin-enough in my head!  Isn't that sad?  But, I am becoming a lot more acceptable of myself and who I am because I am taking those pictures! I'm just learning to take better photographs, plus my baby girl Amanda has the art of posing down pat and teaches me how to pose!lol!

d-foreverserenity.comBut seriously dear readers, if you are one of these people who do, you have to stop hiding behind the facade  and put a true photo of yourself on your profile!  So what if you don't like your hair, change it, or better yet, fix it and take a nice photo! If you don't think you look good enough, put your flash on, stand under the light in your bathroom, and snap that photo of you with a big ole smile on your face!  They say better lighting makes us look even better, I can attest to that!lol! It is OK to put an photo of things or people you like once in a while.  I've done that before!  Just do the things that makes you feel good about yourself  and be you!

Comments