Back on the Run - Redux!

d-foreverserenity.com
If the shoe fits....

I'm at it again. Running, at least at the moment, I'm jogging and I am not yet in to the full-out pell-mell* running!  It is hard. Oh gawwd, it's hard! There are some days I don't want to do it. I am tired, worn out, vexed. However, I force myself, and once it's over, I feel good!  Isn't that the type of relationship we usually have with working out dear readers?  We have that love-hate relationship!

I love myself, I love my body and  I know I will never be thin. I do love my curves! I don't love however, that I had put back the weight I lost over the last two years, ON!!!!! I hated the fact that I couldn't sit without looking at and feeling the belly-bulge, yes, BULGE!  I couldn't bend over to tie the lace of my sneakers without huffing and puffing, and I definitely couldn't wear my clothes with as much comfort as I had become used to!  The biggest reason also, for me was, I felt as if I was putting a lot of pressure on my heart (with my family's history) and I felt if I visited my doctor now, she would tell me how close I was to being diabetic!!!!  I couldn't in all fairness to myself, or to my family, have that!

Hence, I am back to working out and getting fit! I have a birthday coming up in a couple of days, OMGG*, I'm getting up there, but I'm not over the hill, at least not yet!  Hey, in my head I'm still 23, although my body right now might say I am the age I am...I want it to say it's at least 30!  So, I'm working towards that goal!~Smile~

I like that my daughter tells me quite often that I don't look my age. I like that a stranger who meets me has no idea how old I am....or can't see all of the fat hiding under my clothing!lol! No seriously, I really am not that vain....maybe!  Listen, so many of us really want to continue to be young and beautiful. We do not want to age. While I'm not afraid of aging, I just want to do it beautifully, and gracefully!  I want to continue to be healthy and I want to live to a very old age! 

You will once again be regaled with my efforts in getting back to a healthier me! If you need to do the same, I say let's do this together!  So far, I have been working out at least 3 times a week. I do more days if I can, but somehow, my familial obligations usually intervenes, so the fact that I can have three days of uninterrupted time for an hour each time...well, that is priceless!  I usually only work out for 30 mins.  As time goes on I hope to be able to run longer..or I may end up going even faster and that will mean an even shorter workout time!  It doesn't matter how fat you are, check with your doctor to make sure you can do physical activities, and start walking, then as you get stronger, you can begin to jog.  That's where I am now, jogging.  Then as I get even stronger, running is next! So come on, let's go! 


*Serenity's Word break-down:
OMGG = Oh My Goodness Gracious
pell-mell = running with full-force as fast as you can 

Comments