Earthstrong aka Birthday


Thank you Google!!!!



I'm grinning from ear to ear because I was going to write this awesome article about it being Earth Day, and also my Birthday! It's an article I write almost every year...except for one year...I didn't...don't ask I don't know why I didn't write it at that time.  Anyway, my sister Judith (affectionately called Judy) and I celebrate April birthdays. I'm two years older and her birth date comes first (April 14th).  When her birthday cake was posted on Facebook I noticed the greeting was "Happy Earthstrong Judy". I realized that word is not new to me, however, I had forgotten that it is also used to remember your birthday! It is a part of the Rastafarian culture as well.

Well, I wanted to make sure I would be using the word in its correct context, I do turn to Google to verify words and to confirm my usage; when the page opened up, I saw the "Google" decked out in birthday cake & cupcake. I'm thinking to myself, oh...whose birthday is it... as I waved my mouse over the doodle?  It said "Happy Birthday Donna"!!!! I sat there at my computer giggling like a little girl!!! LOL! Never mind that I had just celebrated with my family earlier in the day on Sunday because today, my actual birthday everyone will be busy working....that was a very special and happy time for me!  However, seeing this Google greeting especially to me... "Awwww Google...never did that before....priceless"! Thank you!



Happy Earthstrong Mother Earth


Monday, April 22
Earth Day 2013
via google.com


It is Earth day dear readers, did you remember that?  Today has been selected as the day that we remember our planet and try to do something to honor that. As we get older, so does our planet. There are changes to the climate in our world (mine and yours) that cannot be denied.   Some are having longer winters, hotter Summers, more tornadoes, and experiencing climatic events which usually doesn't happen in certain regions! The changes being experienced by so many is scary.

Being Green, aka doing things to save our environment helps.  So go do something today to help your world! Plant a tree, tend to your garden, help someone, anyone! Donate!  Just get involved!  Our world needs us to care not just for it, but for each other! Especially with all that is happening out there, and near you, remember how much it means to help each other and love each other!

To learn more about Earth day, follow this link!


Comments