When Your World Gets Heavy

d-foreverserenity.com
These two crazy-zany kids always puts a smile on my face!


I'm feeling it today dear readers. Today I'm feeling weighed down by some aspects of life, my life. It gets that way sometimes.  I'm a happy camper most of the times. I try to be optimistic, motivated (as hard as it is to be that way - although I do have my moments), and hopeful.....I live my life the way I speak it....I do try to 99% of the time!

However, there are some days, some moments when I want to just lay on the floor and just stay there, immobile, with not a care in the world, and wait for this moment to pass!  Or become like the ostrich that buries its head in the sand when things gets too overwhelming for it...also known as, fear.

It is really okay to be afraid. If you were not afraid, you probably wouldn't venture out of your home, or to even try to live your life!  Then again, I do hope you do not let fear hold you back from who you are and what you want to be. It can be tremendously overwhelming can't it?  I know!  I sometimes get that too.  But then I give myself a pep talk, telling that girl in the mirror to "buckle-up, be strong, have faith", because God has never let me down. What is the worst that can happen anyway? If it is something I want, I get a "No", would it be the end of the world? Nope!  Most times when you get a negative response to something that you want really badly, it isn't because you are not supposed to have it. Perhaps it is just not time for you to get it! Perhaps an even bigger "prize" awaits you!  And this usually have me feeling better!

I must admit though that it is sometimes hard to get out of my own head with my thinking! Then it is time to bring out the "big artillery" because I've got to get this Negative Nelly out of my head! So I usually read motivational books, quotes, blogs, anything for inspiration. Then I would listen to my favorite music, sing and dance, even workout; and usually my adrenaline kicks in and I feel inspired again!  I also pray, because prayers gets me through these moments.  When your world gets too heavy dear readers, find that which inspires you so that you can see your way through!  Now I'm off to play some music!

Comments