Woman to Woman - on being friends with Women

Do you find being friends with other women difficult or easy?  Do you find them to be willing participants in your friendship, or are you the one who has to be running after it?  Did your mom ever told you to be careful of other girls as a little girl? You know, because they can sometimes be the most conniving and petty ones?

My mom never told me that about women in general. However, she was able to "read-into" some of the friends I had growing up and made good predictions about the personalities of a particular person or two!  And you know what dear reader? She was not wrong!

I've had many friends over the years.  Some of them I still call my very best friends today. I can count on one hand the women who are my true friends, and on the other, those who are good friends and acquaintances. There are some friendships however that have moved on, and I try not to blame myself because when I look back, it was not by my own fault.  There are just certain times when people come into your life, they are there for a time, and they choose to move on.

If you find that happening to you, don't fight it, just let the friendship go.  There are some women who have a difficult time trusting other women.  They don't like other females as friends because of petty jealousy or other issues that women sometimes get a bad rap for.  While you can't blame anyone for feeling this way, because if we are going to be honest here, there are women who are like that!  They will smile with you, be your friend and then behind you they will pick you apart....and that's me putting it nicely!  However, sometimes being this wary blinds some of us into finding really true friends, or into not knowing who our true friends are!

I've been lucky to re-kindle a friendship I had a long time ago!  A Friendship that remains the same as if we never spent most of our adult life apart! With my friends, they are all over the world, including here in the USA so we don't see each other at all. However I'm grateful for Social Media and phones!  It is nice to have good girlfriends, forging the bond of friendship and growing old together!

Comments