Squats - Why did I agree to do this again....

My workout continues, and I'm already loving the results of what my body looks like.  I'm not where I was six months or even a year ago...having lost 37lbs, I was more svelte than I've been in a very long time....not since my now 18 year old son was one years old!!!!! I gained almost...ALMOST all of it back...due to negligence and slip-ups and brain-fart that happens to me once in a while!

But instead of sitting and chanting woe-is-me or blaming anyone (or thing) but myself, I decided I have to do something about it...withe the goal to become even better than I was a year ago! After all, keeping me healthy depends on it!  I've mentioned that I've been running, that is, jogging, (since I'm only doing a mile and a half at a medium pace, it's jogging), doing cardio workouts and recently begun lifting weights!

Over at Beyond Black & White, they have decided to have a fitness challenge. The reward is a $100 gift card, and other prizes too...(it runs from May 1st - May 31st), I was late in signing up so unsure if I'm even in the runnings, but I have decided to challenge myself to see if I could do any of the challenges suggested, and actually stick with it!  There is a choice of Squats, or Crunches. I don't do squats very well, that is my Achilles heel of exercise, even worse than push-ups!

I've heard of the squat challenge prior to this on Twitter and begun my first set of squats on Saturday!  My daughter Amanda decided she wanted to join in with me and a lively session ensued!  As I kept doing the squats, counting up to the 50-sets, I focused and actually managed to do it!  In between instructing Amanda, I taught myself how to do it properly...I hope did!lol!  Here is the chart of what I (and a few others) doing the squat-challenge will be doing!

I've put a copy of the 30-day squat challenge below.  Now, if my butt can look that firm...don't even get me started on the shape of the model in the photo... (I'm not ever going to look like her, but I can try!) Fingers crossed!










Comments