The Art of Friendship

d-foreverserenity.com
I've mentioned before dear readers, that there are times when certain people are in your lives, some are there for the love and growth of a beautiful friendship; and some, only for a time.  These friends come and go like ships passing in the night. They are with you for a moment to see you through whatever storm you may be going through, whether it is to make you see things the way you are supposed to; or they become your eyes and ears to certain aspects of your lives, and whether you want to admit this or not, they are ordained to be with you for as long as they need to be, and then they are gone.

Sometimes we can't see ourselves in an objective way.  We become blind due to so much that goes on, we can't see through the fog of daily living. No one likes to be vulnerable, I know I don't!    You do have every right to ignore whatever it is these friend(s) are saying to you.  But you also shouldn't deny yourself whatever has been ordained for you.


On a side note, I've been writing this article for a couple of days....and did so many edits to what it is now.  There are times when I write and what I want to say, is not what always ends up on paper, this is one of those times!  I also wrote the title down on whim, and then decided to Google it to see if there was anything else I could add. Lo and behold, I found a website (and book) of the same name, which I'm linking here! Why not eh, an author whose book looks interesting! http://www.artoffriendship.com/

Comments

  1. I live in South Florida and peoplel really do come and go down here. I have had best friends move away and it is was so painful. Thank goodness for Facebook so I can keep up with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, it seems these days friendship can be a fleeting thing. I am glad for social media as well! Thx for stopping by Marcia!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading with me. I would love to hear your thoughts on what you just read!