Happy Birthday Mommy - R.I.P.

Today I'm taking a break from my Operation Motivation re-posts to say something about the woman who has meant the world to me all of my life.  My mother Carmen has been one of the most influential people in my life and I love her even more as the years go by.  Today there will be no crying. OK, maybe just a teeny bit (in private) and I'll just tear-up as I write this! ~sniff~

d-foreverserenity.com
This is my mom and one of my favorite cousins, all dressed up as wedding guests.

d-foreverserenity.com
You have seen this one before, mom working away at home.

My mom was the only person I knew who could make juice out of anything, and I mean anything....! Drop me a note and I'll tell you what the unexpected thing she made juice from once!lol! Mom was also a great cook.  Oh man, whenever I used to go home to visit her my favorite meal, Kidney and rice with calla-loo (a vegetable like spinach or greens) and carrot juice would be on the table that night!  I could tell you so many stories about her. She was as strict as she was kind,  wasn't afraid of anyone, and if there was ever a warrior queen, it was her.  Happy Birthday mommy. You will forever be in our hearts!




d-foreverserenity.com
Mom and my then younger oldest girl Jessica and my son Adam


d-foreverserenity.com
In this photo me and mommy. I was pregnant with Amanda

d-foreverserenity.com
Mom at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens - one of her favorite places!

d-foreverserenity.com
A bit grainy photo of my mom all dolled up for her birthday!


d-foreverserenity.com
You have seen this one too, the oldest photo of her that I have, much younger. 

Comments