Motivational Mondays: Calling it Quits...?

Have you ever felt like throwing in the towel?  You know, you're over everything and everyone because life is just not the way you want it to be in this moment?
www.d-foreverserenity.com

I have felt that way a number of times, especially recently. I felt drained, tired, disappointed, down, angry, frustrated, I caved and threw in the proverbial towel of loss and feeling of abandonment and failure. Yes failure. I felt a loss of faith in myself more than I've ever felt in my life.

Everything seemed to be going nowhere. Everything of what I am trying to do seemed for naught.  I was constantly batting zeroes and getting nowhere fast. I visualized all of the things that had been staring me in the face, all the complications that had ensued leading up to this moment proved to be quite challenging.

www.d-foreverserenity.comThen I got this email that had the words, "Here is the inspiration you need to never give up". What?  Rewind.... Before I saw that email, my oldest daughter who is interning at my job gave me two sprigs of a mint plant that she had gotten for me. You can use the mint leaves to make tea, cook in recipes, use it as a room scent refresher; I was telling her and my co-worker friend all about the mint. Then she apologized that she had placed it in the refrigerator and they wilted. I told her not to worry about it. I'll still use it.  As I walked back to my desk, the thought came to me to put them in water to see if they will come back to life.  I also thought, "Yeah, like everything else that's going for me, let's see if this will be my inspiration to feel better"  So I grabbed a vase that was under my desk, rinse it and put them in water.  As the morning went on, the plant slowly came back to life, opening its beautiful petals....wow!  
www.d-foreverserenity.com


Then I saw the email...and I laughed to myself thinking, "OK God, I'm listening".

As I read the email I followed the link from themuse.com. (I love those guys). I have signed up for a couple of newsletters which I receive often and they have always inspired me and boy did I need that inspiration at that moment.  Each article I read, lead me to a another one, and another one, and another one.....divine intervention?  Then I said a prayer of thank you to God for not giving up on me, and for showing me that all is not lost I will continue to hold on to my faith and keep trusting Him.  I prayed for forgiveness for feeling the way I did earlier, I had even uttered in frustration "I just don't know anymore and I don't want to talk about it..."...oh yes, God and I have that kind of conversation all of the time.  I was still in that I'm-lost-giving-up-nothing-going-my-way-I'm-sick-and-tired-mode until I received that email.

It's never easy trying to do what you want to do in your life. Like me I know that many of you out there have had these moments.....and when we have these moments we can learn from whatever we are inspired to do, I call it "divine intervention".  I had planned on giving up writing these types of motivational articles too because I don't think anyone reads them.  I am not a preacher or priest nor interventionist or psychiatrist or psychologist or anything of that nature.  However, I am living my life and I can tell you a thing or two from my life experiences.  I see and know that others are having their own experiences, going through even more than I do. That is why I began my Motivational Series, and write these types of inspirational articles; because sometimes it may be what one person needs to read, as that email inspired me.  I hope today that I inspired that "one" person. Click on the links above and read the articles from themuse.com. Please share if you want to about your own experiences.


Comments