Motivational Mondays: Don't Take Crap - Put. Your. Walls. Up!

"Some of us are not enjoying our lives, we are enduring it. Don't spend your time trying to make people who don't like you, like you.  We need to put our walls up and don't let the negativity in. We must remember to stay still and allow God to do His work." Joel Osteen

I don't get the chance to listen to Joel Osteen as often as I used to.   Lately, I've been running on automaton and it's been a pretty bumpy ride.  Life gets hectic and this time in my life is even more hectic than usual.  I've had a lot of plans that hasn't come to fruition yet; and some that I thought would be great when I started, are not what I thought it would be.  That's life and you take it and make of it whatever is better for you.

The one thing I love about listening to Joel Osteen is that somehow, he always is on point with what I'm thinking and the way I am feeling, especially after I've made a decision to do something.  The thing to note also is that the decision that I make, I usually pray about asking God for guidance, to see if what I've decided is what I should do.

We all have moments in our lives when we endure "things", just because.  We shouldn't do that, but we often do. Sometimes it is because some of us don't have a choice. But for those of us who do have a choice, we can walk away from whatever it is that is making us miserable.

If you're in the category where you can't walk away, then somehow, do try to find a way to make your life bearable.  Set goals that will hopefully get you to where you want to be; or have someone who you can go to who will be able to guide you and give you the help you need so that you're in a better place.  

Too many times we go around wondering why the people we try to be friends with aren't.  Or, we make every effort to be friends with someone but our efforts are not reciprocated. It's time for us to let that one-sided friendship go because it is not worth it.  

d-foreverserenity.comAnd there are the times when we will let what other people say, or think about us, affect our well-being. We shouldn't do that. We should "put our walls up" and kick negativity to the curb!  I've told you that before dear readers. We don't need anyone, or anything who are not for us, who are against us, get into our "head" or our "space" and let us doubt who we are. We have to remember to let go, and let God. It is when we do this, when we take a moment to be still and listen to our inner thoughts, that we will often find the answer to what we seek.  We don't have to listen to anyone's negativity, we have the right to ignore them.

So whatever it is you are going through right now. Just be still and know that you're not alone, this moment will pass. Maybe it's not going as quickly as you want it to, however, have faith, and hold on, your blessing might just be around the corner!










Comments