Mood Swings



d-foreverserenity.comI'm in a Megan Hilty kind of mood.  She's on repeat on my Windows Media Player today. It's Hump Day...I'm dragging my butt over it! It's also been a Jill Scott kinda of month - her "The Light of the Sun" CD is on repeat in my car's CD player....yep...mood swings.

What is it about us that gets us in these kind of moods? You don't have to answer that my dear readers.  I'm sure you've been in that space at one time or another! I've been there one time too many to count. It's life, it happens. We deal, or we bury ourselves in the sand....do you see my hand stretched out, crawling outta there?  


Sometimes life is like a box of chocolate. You never know what it brings, which type you're going to get. You have a choice. Choose to dig in deep til you find the chocolate you want. Or throw the box in the garbage and forgeddaboutit! (did you hear my NY drawl?!)

d-foreverserenity.comI like to think that I'm a fighter....actually, I am.  I'm tired of fighting though. It doesn't mean that I'm giving up on anything....there are some things I have to let go of.  It's good to do that from time to time. We tend to hold on to things we know are not good for us. I'm not ashamed to say that I'm still trying to figure it all out. I'm there in some aspects, there meaning, I know what I want. In other things, I'm trying not to listen to the throw-it-all-to-the-wind-I-don't-give-a-shit-troublemaker sitting on my shoulder.  But we must come to terms with the things we cannot control, and just let go, walk away, pull your big girl panties up (yep, I said it) and get to the next step of the journey that will take you to your dreams.

Sang it Ms. Megan, "Wiseup..., ...Get to the Heart of the Matter...., ...Dare you to move.."

So, how's your day going so far...or is it too early to say....? 

Comments