Operation Motivation: Keeping You Motivated, Birthday Greetings and Random stuff

 Celebrating life

There are times when it is so hard to keep yourself motivated, isn't it dear readers? Do you find this to be true?  I know it's not an easy thing to not only be motivated, but to also stay focus on your goals.  For me the two go hand-in-hand. I believe that if you can stay focus, you can be motivated, or even vice versa!

Our son Adam is celebrating his 20th birthday today! Yes, 20 and yes, I do have kids, who are not so much kids anymore but rather, young adults.  Adam is my second born for those who don't know. He's the only boy as well.  Currently he's attending college and trying to find his way in life.  I'm doing my best to guide him along, much as I have done with his older sister who is graduating college this year!

Time for Eats! Adam & his dad in the kitchen

I try not to be the overbearing, all-in-his-business mom, but I will continue to be in his business (within reason) to help him to stay focus on his goals.  I think everyone needs someone to guide them through life. I've mentioned before how wonderful it would be if we all had mentors.  I never had that opportunity, and so I try to fill that role as mentor for my children.  

I'm hoping that with guidance they will steer themselves into truly being who they are meant to be, grabbing all that life has to offer. Pretty much, taking what you love to do, such as a hobby, or that which gives you the most satisfaction and makes you happy, earn an income to sustain yourself is of the utmost benefit to any individual.  

For many of us, we wait until we have "lived" our lives to mature into the person we want to be.  Somehow as we get older, our minds, bodies and our consciousness yearns for contentment.  The yearning is greater if we are unhappy and not yet where we (think we) should be in our lives.

Making merry at Adam's birthday - Cake time

We celebrated Adam's birthday, A Doctor Who theme without all the frills, with dinner and much merriment at home, what better way to do it?!  OK, don't answer that....I can think of so many other ways...but this one is so much more economical!lol!    

This writing has morphed into one of those really random post dear readers.  Hopefully you received a bit of optimism, even if rather randomly!  Continue to stay motivated, and keep it moving!


Comments