Repost Week: Fitness Wednesdays: 3 Tips on How to get back to Fitness

Like many of you I made big plans to get back to my fitness routine.  I started, stopped, started, and stopped again.  I've been literally fighting my way back to working out again. It is not easy to do.  In spite of the fact that my family is grown our youngest is 13. She is quite a handful lately and it is taking it's toll on me.  Add other factors of life as I know it, well, this woman cannot get out to run as often as she used to!

I had a good run during my first workout a month ago. Getting back to the park, unsure if I would have the stamina to do it, but I did and felt really good after that workout.  I continued a few more times after that. Then nothing, through today, no more workouts!

So, how do you get back into your fitness routine?  My recommendation is to take one day at a time and do the most simplest of your routine.  1) If you usually do a full routine at the gym, then do only one exercise. If you are a runner, begin again by walking.  If you practice Yoga, keep doing it!

2) When it comes to eating, do your best to cut out the extra fat you have been consuming.  Begin to introduce or re-introduce more green leafy vegetables, legumes, and/or any food that promotes better health for you. If we were to cut out that extra serving of meat, sweets, or other food that are remnants of holiday indulgence, it would make a world of difference.

3)Above all else hydrate. Drink the recommended amount of water needed per day. You know what else, if you were to take a serving of water each time you feel hungry.  It might just be that you were thirsty and not really hungry. Especially if you indulge in fatty snacks such as potato chips in-between meals.

Once your body begins to feel you taking care of it, you will feel much better and want to get back into your full routine!

I have begun two of these steps already, eating better by consuming less fatty foods and re-introduced more vegetables in each meal; and hydrating more.  Now since I usually run, to begin walking again!  Stress plays such a major factor in our health, working on what causes these stressors is important.  ~Note to self~

Remember that I'm not a doctor, these are what I have done in the past, knowing they work for me, and think they are great ideas for us to get back to fitness.  Do visit your doctor and any health professional for advice and guidance.  I am posting a few links below with even more tips.

Read these for ideas and suggestions. Copy & paste each link in your browser to activate them.

http://lifehacker.com/five-steps-to-get-back-into-your-fitness-routine-1658435892

http://www.shape.com/blogs/fit-list-jay-cardiello/how-get-back-working-out

http://www.askmen.com/sports/bodybuilding_200/244_fitness_tip.html

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/15-tips-to-restart-the-exercise-habit-and-how-to-keep-it.html

I cannot forget my own article from a year ago...must do this! http://www.d-foreverserenity.com/2014/01/fitness-wednesdays-making-fitness.html

Comments