The Power of Attention

From time to time I participate in the meditation series offered by Oprah Winfrey & Deepak Chopra.  I love when they offer their online series of motivating meditation sessions free of charge to anyone who wants to participate. The duration is usually 21 days. I took part in the last one they offered  and as always I walked away feeling enlightened and motivated.  



As part of our Motivational Mondays & Operation Motivation series dear readers, I wanted to share this with you.  What is the one thing we sometimes don't give of ourselves to those who are closest to us?  It is our attention!  Do you find that sometimes you're too distracted to even focus on the conversation you're having with your spouse, or child, or even your client?  Have you ever think that the energy you give to your thoughts, might bring a different outcome to what you want?  I've never really thought about that until when I did that meditation.  

As a Christian, I believe in being positive and keeping myself motivated because of my faith.  I also do believe that positive thinking and focusing on what you want, can help you to realize your true potential.  I'll admit when I'm too busy to focus, sometimes I will forget. But then something always happen, I get a little nudge, and it reminds me to keep my thoughts centered on my goals.

Oprah believes that we have to learn to "...shift our attention to something deeper and more meaningful..." in order to attract the abundance we want in our lives.  And according to Deepak, "...your attention can activate your desires. For our dreams to be a reality, our minds have to focus on the energy that we will give in our daily lives".  They both believe that what you put your mind to, attracts or brings the energy you will need to focus your intention.

I'm definitely going to focus and use my energy of intention to activate my goals.  In doing this we are giving positive desires to what we want. We have to also remember to leave the negative thoughts behind. So clear your mind, focus your attention, and believe in your dreams.  








Comments