Celebrating Life at Easter



It's Spring and for some of you the weather is getting much better.  The ice is melting and the flowers are beginning to bloom.    If you're in a warmer climate like I am, there are those really hot, sunny days when all you want to do is be outside and not cooped up inside a building that has me dreaming of frolicking, running, eating ice cream, doing all the fun things in appreciation of what life offers. 

You can feel the vibrancy in the air, a kind of expectation of things to come, filled with life and hope and dreams.  This is why I love Spring, it gives you that sense of renewal.  A time to begin again, or you find renewed strength to try again. I wonder if you feel the same way dear readers?  It is interesting how people often feel differently because we experience life in different ways.  For each of us, our life experiences are pretty much our own.  Not even when you live in the same household do you have the same experiences.  Sure, there are moments when you have the same experiences because you are in a shared space.  Yet, how we each perceive what we experience is never the same.  Often times we don't seize the opportunity to step beyond the lines of that box that is around us and our lives. We should not be afraid to experience life in new ways.

For me Easter brings that sense of renewal.  I get the chance, pretty much like I do everyday, to try again.  I am alive and that gives me the opportunity to keep moving forward, seeing life in general through "new eyes", as if for the first time. 

I am reminded of an article I wrote two years ago where I said....

"It's funny (as in strange...but ohs so sometimes those "aha-moments") how God works
Because whether you like it or not, He is there.  Whether you believe it or not, He will always be there.  Even if you don't believe.  Because we are all one, human race...and though we may fight and carry on and do some of the things we do......he watches, and yes, he intervenes.  There are those moments when he lets you know that hey, yes, I am here...for you."
- See more at: http://www.d-foreverserenity.com/2012/03/it-takes-just-one.html#sthash.8fWmkUtm.dpuf

Most times, for many of us, we tend to forget that our savior is here, watching, listening, supporting, removing things out of our way just so that we can live our lives.  It is in these moments that I do realize how lucky I am to be here now.  Life is never the way we want it to be, but it is often how it is supposed to be. 

If you are wondering if God is there; asking yourself why you are having your unhappy life experiences; it doesn't mean you are a bad person, or your luck has ran out.  Perhaps it is because you haven't learned what you are supposed to yet. And perhaps you are not ready to handle what your destiny is at this time.  

Some people might even say I'm just making up things to make you feel good.  But it doesn't matter what anyone says, or even what I say.   Know that you are loved and life will continue with you in it because we receive the chances and opportunities we do through His grace. Jesus lives, and so do you, and me.  So let us celebrate life at Easter, appreciating it more now, than ever before.

Comments