Musical obsession: Silento - Watch Me - Whip, now watch me Nae Nae

This song has me laughing when ever I hear it..."Watch me whip, watch me nae nae...". Then at some point the rapper says, "Watch me bop, bop, bop.....".  Basically you end up doing what he, the Rapper, Silento, instructs in the song.  



It is after all my dear readers, a dance song. You know when you go to a party or club, they play a couple of music that has almost everyone up on the dance floor?  Well, while dancing with your partner is one thing, the more bold and adventurous will be dancing in unison "bopping" to the instructions in these types of songs, doing what is called a "Line Dance".  


Silento is a Rapper from Atlanta whose song "Watch Me" has become a raging success with so many people loving it!  Because of the very catchy lyrics and the beat of the music, you definitely want to get up and dance when you hear it play.  His music has been featured on Vine and You Tube being danced to by many dancers who have made it extremely popular.  Even me, I was trying to learn the dance steps to this song the other day with my youngest Mandi as teacher.  She taught  me the moves and we had fun dancing to the song.  Let me tell you, it is quite a work out!  I enjoyed the activity a lot and it was quite a workout!lol!  I thought it would be easier having been a dancer at one point in my life!

Usually in our musical obsession series I post a You Tube version of the singer performing the song I write about.  But not today.  I am posting the various links and videos to the dance for Whip/Nae Nae.   The dancers are kids and youths in a variety of dance groups. Oh the joy!  They can really dance!

Have you ever tried this dance, would you?  Here's the link to the video, keep watching as the video "rolls" wherein one video goes to another featuring different groups doing the dance.




Some information mentioned and the photo at beginning of article were found on: Billboard.com.

The Video is uploaded from You Tube for musicality. I do not own the rights or lyrics to this video.  I will not profit from posting this video to my blog. You can click and watch here, or go directly to You Tube.

Comments