Why Your Hair Isn't Growing

Whether we like to admit it or not, some of us are obsessed with our hair.  We want it to look a certain way and we want to look a certain way because of our hair.  It is our crowning glory isn't it, so why not?  

Whether we like to admit it or not, most of us prefer longer hair. We all want our hair to grow, regardless of the look, texture and style.  But did you know that there are several factors which will make our hair not grow?  If I were to ask you what is one of those factors, what would be your response?  Would your first answer be, "Stress?"  While that is a good answer, stress isn't the real reason why your hair isn't growing.

While it is important to get rid of some of the things that causes stress and damages your hair, such as overuse of heating apparatus, overuse of hair color, and trimming regularly is also a good way to keep your hair healthy; these are not the main factors. 

Did you know that how your hair grows is contingent on your genetics and the growth cycle of your hair?  I had no idea!  My genetics and my hair's growth cycle?  Wow!   I learned this when I read Shannon Farrell's article on self.com Beauty.  

Your hair's growth cycle is between two to six years..."that's seems long"....I wondered to myself and read further that my hair will grow at least half inch a month, which is normal.  However, if it falls at the two year growth cycle it will grow at a rate of one foot and I will have waist length hair!  Well, um, since I don't have waist length hair, I now know that my hair doesn't even fall within that two year cycle!  Oh my genetics!

If you're one of the lucky ones with waist length hair, or even longer, sweet, you're among the lucky ones!  But how did she know all this information you may wonder?  She learned all of this from Living Proof's Scientist, Eric Spengler.

If you want to read more, and you know you do, go read the full article here and also follow her link to learn more about Eric Spengler's theories. I'm still not too happy that my hair takes that long to grow, but at least now I know! What do you think about that?  Hey, which cycle does your hair fall in? 

Image uploaded from article.

Comments