Waiting on the Other Shoe to Drop

I just had an "A-Ha" moment as one of the people whom I admire, Oprah Winfrey would say.  I just had a moment of clarity within the deep regions of my brain and realize something that I have been doing for my entire grown up life that has made me who I am today.  Mind. Blown!




It may drop, but it won't splinter, He's got this!
One of the thing I noticed about myself personally is that I am a worrier. I may have shared that with you before dear readers. When things are not going right in my life, much like anyone else does, I will worry about it.  And I don't just think about it in passing, or just for a few moments...I "eat it, breathe it, roll in it", I literally let it take over my life!  When things are going right in my life, I'm happy, I'm joyous, just like anyone else.  But then what do I do?  I begin to worry that things are too perfect.  I can't seem to get anything done and I feel overwhelmed with all of my grandiose plans, and I get nothing done. Why?  Because I am waiting for something to go wrong, for the other shoe to drop!

Wow!!!!! That is some of the most crazy bullshit everrrrr!  You agree?  However, only stick a pin if you have never, or don't do the same thing.  We are after all humans.  And I know that is an overused phrase, however, we all at one point or another seem to do that.  Is it the way that our Society has made us to be, we are groomed to look for the bad things in life to happen to us?

Some may say, well, it may have begun inside the home, your parents may have contributed to this type of behavior.  You know, upon thinking back into my childhood, my mom was a worrier, but not to the extreme that I have become.  She wanted her children to be happy and healthy the way we all do, if you have kids, and she was happiest when her household was content.  My dad was the whistler, no worries at all, "Don't worry dear, it is all going to be just fine" guy.  Much like my hubby. Did I marry my dad?!! Noooooo...no seriously...lol!  Whew....totally different people, with similar personalities, but nope, not my dad, continue to rest in everlasting peace daddy.

So upon review a bit of that personality type rubbed off from my mom.  She was such a fierce warrior!  Unfortunately for me, today's Society has shaped me mentally in a lot of ways than I would like  when it comes to images - how I see myself, my career, my wants, my needs, and my expectations.  We allow for those unspoken, and very outspoken views and expectations to permeate our very soul, and thus shape who we are.



There is one thing though that Society cannot take away from you.  Your Faith and beliefs, your sanctuary that strengthens your soul.  For me that is my God, my Savior and all that He does for me and others.  And I realize now that no matter what happens, He is always there.  He is always looking out, letting me walk in His footsteps, catching me when I fall, grooming me to be who I want to be. All I have to do is remember that He is there, and reach out and call on Him.  The other shoe may drop, but it won't splinter into pieces.  

Comments