Week One - Day One, Back to Exercise Routine..barely

So I'm continuing my get fit strategy. In an effort to lose the excess baggage that I've been carrying around on my body since giving birth to my baby, who is now 8 years old...my third child; I have finally come to terms with the reality that in order to get fit, I must move my body...A LOT! : )


In this wonderful quest I do have my Up days and my dOwN days, today is a down day! I'm just not in the mood. I've been dragging all day, my first official day back to work; the kids are back in school. Baby Jaden is being babysat by his dad. So everyone has returned to their routine.

Earlier my co-conspirator, partner, and fellow workout buddy, Chrisite, dragged me out, literally to do our morning walk. I did it because I know I must, if I don’t move, the fat will stay on, right? So I did it! It is a blustery day (read gloves & scarves) in Orlando today and that made it worse for me. I dislike cold weather...at least when it's this cold. And yes, I do know your cold is much colder than ours! We did a 2-miler....and at the end of it, I felt good! Now you see why you should work out, even when your mind screams, NO!

I am now dressed and getting ready to go out on our longer jaunt, the jog/run, which will be about 3miles. I'm still protesting! I have discovered what adds to my reluctance. I'm tired! I did sleep last night, but then again, I didn’t sleep too well. My kids were not willing participants in the preparation for back to school/work activities that I cajoled them into before bedtime. Amanda was also very late sleeping because she "wasn't tired" even as she was falling over with sleep! Hence, my later time to bed, and my lack luster attitude now.

Getting enough rest is a very important part of my get fit schedule! The next time you hear this, remember how important being fully rested is for you!

Did you get your workout today?

Comments

  1. Like you, I've just started back on my exercise regime after having a few weeks off over Christmas. I really didn't want to go to the gym yesterday as I'd had a long day at work. But I'm glad I did because I was feeling terrific after.

    I think the secret is to remind yourself of how good you feel when you complete your routine. Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mark! True, how you feel have a lot to do with your routine and I did drag myself out, at least my friend did, both times. I was very happy she did!lol! I didn't really stop entirely working out, but I did slow down being busy during the holiday, and I didn't deny myself any food I wanted!lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I didn't deny myself either. Toni cooked so much good food, there was no way I was going to miss out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading with me. I would love to hear your thoughts on what you just read!